We recognise that your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting the Personal Information that we collect from you.
- Purpose of Policy
The Oaks Lilydale Accommodation, owns and operates the site www.theoakslilydaleaccommodation.com.au (the “Site”) and will only collect and hold or disclose Personal Information about you that is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- What types of information do we collect?
Bookings and contact details:
We require your contact details in order to create a booking in your name. You will be asked to provide your name, address, phone numbers and your email address, so that we can stay in touch with you with regards to the booking arrangements.
Credit Card Information:
To confirm a booking you may need to give personal information and authorization to obtain information from various credit services. For example, you may need to provide the following information:
Credit card number
Name on credit card
Credit card billing address
Business and mobile phone numbers
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What are Cookies?”) and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
We do not generally collect sensitive information from you; however, if you provide such information to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent and only where such information is reasonably required in order for us to provide our products or services to you (such as special access or assistance requirement due to a health condition). We shall not disclose sensitive information to any other party without your consent.
Failure to provide Personal Information
If the Personal Information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, or you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we have requested, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
What are Cookies?
- How do we collect personal information?
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means as required by the Privacy Act. We collect personal information directly from you where this is reasonable and practicable.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, in person, by email, over the telephone, through written communications (such as letters and faxes) or by you completing forms or submitting information on the Site;
- From our own records of your use of our services.
- Why do we collect, hold use and disclose your personal information?
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- To identify you and verify your identity;
- To communicate with you about our services;
- To customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising
- For any other purposes that you have consented to.
- How do we use the information that you provide to us?
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- To provide our products and services to you;
- To assist with your queries;
- To process a booking or application that you have made;
- To process your payment for such;
- Acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- Analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
How do we use information we collect from cookies?
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile date known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
- To whom do we disclose your personal information?
In order to provide products and services to you we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Service providers, contractors, agents or other business partners who assist us in providing our products and services to you;
- External providers of services where you have engaged us to act as your agent;
- Other service providers, who provide the various services that you have requested and we have arranged;
- An entity to whom we are required to disclose such information under law;
- Other parties with your consent or direction.
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
- Data quality and security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in electronic databases, email contact lists, and in paper files held in secure premises. We take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- Destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted under the Act.
While The Oaks Lilydale Accommodation strives to protect the personal information and privacy of users of the website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact us by telephone or post.
While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the website reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user’s responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- To ensure no-one else uses the website while the user’s machine is “logged on” to the website (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or share access connection you are using);
- To log off or exit from the website when not using it; and
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure, and others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data. As such, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, The Oaks Lilydale Accommodation excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Phishing or False emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us, that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us immediately if this happens.
Third party websites
- Access and correction of your personal information
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below. Where you notify us that your Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information unless we are authorised not to do so by law. We may refuse access where the Act allows us to do so. Should we decline you access to your Personal Information, we will provide you with a written explanation setting out the legal reasons for doing so. You can request access to the personal information that we hold about you and request corrections by contacting our Privacy Officer.
- Complaints process
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia):
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney, NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Contact Us
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information:
The Privacy Officer
The Oaks Lilydale Accommodation
PO Box 432
Mooroolbark VIC 3138
- Changes to this Policy